Thursday, January 2, 2020

2019 Water Usage

The 2019 numbers are in and I'm proud to announce that Cinnabar Hills has saved 25.6% of our 2013 water usage.  You can certainly say that we had more rain than usual and the 2 inches we received in May contributed to a large part of the savings.  I'd come back at you and say that our evapotranspiration (ET) rate from June through September was the highest recorded in the last 7 years.  Prior to 2019, the average ET was 27.6" and in 2019 the ET was 31.03!  I heard many comments about it being a more gentle year, but the numbers don't lie and if I were tracking my stress levels, you'd have seen the trend there as well.  

Cinnabar Hills is committed to the voluntary 20% that Valley Water is urging all of the county to strive for.  If you'd like some tips on saving water in your home lawn, visit the link below.  I receive no royalties; I swear.